Monday, June 10, 2013

40k and other general nerdity (a nerd coming out party)

I'm starting this blog to really have a fairly simple place to share pictures of my models with friends. This is my first blog, and I was just reading in a comment section the other day someone's truth about blogs: everyone with a blog is a douchebag. I don't know if this transfers to every douchebag has a blog, but, "douchebaggery not withstanding..."

My Nerdity:

1) 40k (I enjoy the game, but really like the hobby aspect. As such, I really recommend the linked blog How to Lose at 40k).
2) Firefly
3) Buffy the Vampire Slayer
4) Doctor Who
5) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
6) Star Wars
7) Star Trek
8) MTG
9) Lists that are either bulleted or numbered

On 40k, I have a Space Marine Army of vanilla Space Marines. This is about 2500 points of my custom chapter I am currently calling the Ironclad Paladins, even though everyone who seems them calls them Salamanders. My Death Skull Orks are my current project. The looted aspect of the group is my big focus.

Since I know we all have them, here are the items I feel far too strongly about in 40k:

1) I don't care if you don't like Space Marines, we need an updated codex.
2) I will almost always refer to your Tau as Gundams, and I am already tired of your marker lights.
3) I have nothing but respect for the Eldar, but out of frustration I will probably call you Space Elves.
4) I hate declaring something OP, but c'mon Marbo....
5) True Line of Sight works both ways (to the Tau player who did some "creative" shooting with his marker lights).

So, in summary, this blog exists just for the same reason as any other: I am going to put up whatever pops up in my head with the assumption that it is vitally important that I share it with the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment