Friday, June 14, 2013

Looted Deff Dread

I've been looking a pictures of looted Deff Dread conversions based on Space Marine Dreadnoughts for some time, but I finally got past the nostalgia and cut up my old AoBR dreadnought on Wed. To work in the round can feel I grabbed one of my extra paint containers that was a little larger than the old 35mm film canisters.


I decided I was never going to field this dreadnought again. Depending on the SM codex update my Ironclad might make it out of the box.


I haven't heard great things about walkers in 6th, but I felt like a looted dreadnought would add to the aesthetic of my army. I may go back and add back in my Ironclad Paladin color scheme for most of the SM parts.



I haven't had a great deal of success painting my Ork vehicles black, so I went through and dusted the Dread with some flat black spray paint and am going to build the colors back up on top of that.


After adding in the bases and a few washes I plan to do another (lighter) dusting with flat black and make pick up some flat "rust" color spray spray paint.


Here he is standing in front of my unfinished looted battlewagon based on a WWII M3. I took a look at Hobby Lobby today to try and find a half track that I could try to use for a Trukk, but the WWII German on they had in the store seemed to have a little too much style for the Orks.

Next post are pics of the completed Dakkajet and painted Weirdboy conversion.

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear Emperor! This is heresy. Purge the xenos! Seriously though, great model! I always have loved ork vehicle conversions!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think that is heresy, you should see my Ork/SM 1850 list. ;)

      Delete